True Romantics is an eternal theme of refined elegance and romantic opulence that never goes out of style. The luxurious fabrics and decorative embellishments nod to old-school Hollywood glamour.
- Romantic with an air of opulence
- Refined elegance
- Vintage Modern
- Soft and dramatic
- Velvets and silks are key compositions
- Old school Hollywood
- Italianate opulence
- Decorative timeless pattern and embellishments
- Metallic accents
The True Romantics colour palette brings together dusty pinks, greys and hints of purple, emerald and mauve. The colours are harmonious, and exude a glamorous and opulent vibe. The swatches are similar colouring with varying tone density, perfect for creating layered tonal spaces.
Simple ways to apply this trend into interiors:
- Heavy velvet and silk-look drapery
- Raise the track so drapery starts high and creates drama
- Upholstered walls and bedheads
- Feathered and foamed sofas
- Upholstery with piped detailing, deep buttoning and quilting techniques
- Add decorative trims to plain fabrics
- Use quality, thick luxury lining
- Bumf or Luxury Line
- Gold and copper accessories for accents
- Play with scale for added drama
- Line corridors and walkways with drapery
- Soft-edged furniture
- Restore vintage furniture with contemporary fabric
- Panelled/Dado walls
- Decorative and textured wallpaper
Here, in the gallery below, are some James Dunlop fabrics that work in with the True Romantics trend.
Want more? Visit the James Dunlop ‘True Romantics’ board on Pinterest to view more inspirational fabric and images from this interior trend.